Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We're Back....

I have not blogged in forever.  I am going to try to do a better job with this!  Before, I felt like I had a lack of things to blog about.  This time around I am going to do a better job of keeping you guys updated on Jonathan and I's life, share recipes, and money saving tips that I have learned!

To give you a quick update on Jonathan and I.  Our new house is coming along great!  They have it completely framed, the electrical stuff is finished, as well as the plumbing.  They have started laying the brick this week and it is looking WONDERFUL!  I am so excited about moving into this house.  I am already starting to get decorating ideas and trying to get some idea of what style we are going to use.  
I am still training for my marathon.  I cannot believe that my race is just a little over a month away!!  Some days I feel ready, and others I don't.  It will be interesting.  I will say that I don't have a goal time that I want to finish in.....I just want to finish :)  I am ready for it to be over.  Training takes up so much time, and while I will continue to run when I finish the marathon, I will not be going out for 20 mile runs!  If all goes well with the marathon, I would like to train for a triathlon.  There is a new Golds Gym opening up in Western Branch in the spring and they are supposed to have a swimming pool.  I would love to get back into swimming and taking on new challenges of swimming, biking, and running.  I have already started looking at triathlon training schedules!
Chubbs and Einstein are well.  We took Chubbs into the vet several weeks ago because he had really bad itchy skin.  Bulldogs are prone to numerous health problems, allergies being one of them.  We had tried antibiotics, but nothing seemed to be helping him.  Well, the vet decided that she wanted to change his food completely.  He is not eating venison and rice.  He can no longer have anything with any other meat flavor in the ingredients.  Since we have switched his food, his skin has cleared up and he seems much happier.  However, since he can't have any other meat flavor, this means that I have to make all of their dog treats.  It can be time consuming because they go through so many treats...but at least I know everything that is going on their bodies.  During that same vet visit, we also discovered that Chubbs had gained 10 pounds in 1 month.  Needless to say, the vet put him on a diet.  We had to start measuring out his food and started giving him 4 cups a day.  The poor dog kept bringing us his bowl throughout the day.  Dieting is tough...I can sympathize with him :(   After 2 weeks on his diet, we took him back into the vet and he GAINED .5lbs!  I couldn't believe it.  The vet said to cut his food down to 3.5 cups a day now.  We take him to get weighed again this Thursday.  Poor guy!
That is pretty much all of our news....you have been updated!  I will post updated pictures of the house later.  Thanks for reading! :)

No comments: