Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day Dinner Disaster!

I can laugh about the situation now...however that was not the case an hour ago! I spent most of the afternoon/evening preparing this dinner for Jonathan and I. BBQ brisket, greenbean/bacon/tomato side dish, bread, strawberry trifle for dessert. Everything smelled delicious!! I pulled the meat out of the oven and realized that it looks pink...very strange! It was cooked all the way through....Hmm.


Well I decide to cut it up and serve it anyway. We sit down to eat and I take a bite and it is disgusting!! I pull the wrapper the meat came in out of the trash and realized that it was corn hashed beef...it was GROSS!! Poor Jonathan kept eating until I said something. He wasn't going to dare say anything first. I said "You don't have to eat anymore, this is disgusting!" He stopped eating right away.

We just ordered a heart shaped pizza from Papa Johns. Oh well, at least it is still festive...Happy Valentine's Day.


p.s. the dessert was good......next week I am going to be on the looking for some local cooking classes!!

1 comment:

Laura and TJ said...

This is so funny! I am glad you guys made the best of the situation. :)