Saturday, February 14, 2009

Pre-Valentine's Day

For those of you that don't know, Jonathan and my relationship began four years ago on the night before Valentines Day. We had been friends for about a year at this point. He has just gotten out of a serious relationship not too long before I met him, so he was never interested in jumping into another. I, on the other hand, was ready to date him and marry him 5 minutes after seeing him! :) We met at Atlantic Shores Baptist Church.
One of my friends, Josh, needed a babysitter. Him and his wife were going to celebrate Valentine's Day the night before since he had to work on Valentines Day night. I offered to watch their baby while they went out. They lived in an apartment complex. Apparently their complex was incredibly strict about their parking lots and wouldn't let you park there unless you had a visitors tag on your car....which I did not. So when they got hom around 10:30 or so, I walked out to find my car was not in the parking lot and had obviously been towed.
It's 10:30 at night (and a Sunday night, so people had to work in the morning), my parents are asleep. I decided to call my sister since I knew she would be up. I called her and told her my problem and asked her if she could come give me a ride to pick up my car from the towing company. Little did I know that she had a bunch of people over at her house, including Jonathan. When Jonathan heard that I was in a bind, he offered to come pick me up. I had no idea that he was going to be the one to pick me up, but I got VERY EXCITED when I saw his white truck pull into the apartment complex!
We called the towing company and went to pick up my car. We figured it would be a relatively quick process. It was not! We had to wait for somebody to come to the building and they said it would be at least 2 hours. Well 3 hours later, at 2 in the morning, somebody finally came to give me my car. Those 3 hours that Jonathan and I had to wait for my car were AMAZING. We talked about a lot of stuff and that was the first night that our friendship changed to something deeper...on both of our ends. It was also the first night that we held hands. I can still remember being on cloud 9 the next morning at work! We dated from that time on.


Our second year together we spend the night before Valentines Day eating at Steinhilbers restaurant in Virginia Beach. We highly recommend this restaurant by the way. It is, hands down, our favorite! Our second Valentines Day together was spent in. I was just learning how to cook and so I decided that I would make Jonathan dinner at my house. I made lasagna. It was delicious! We just ate and rented a movie. I also made homemade cheesecake in the shape of hearts (He probably doesn't remember any of this by the way haha ) This was also our one year dating anniversary!
On our second year dating anniversary, we went to eat at the Vintage Tavern in Suffolk. The food was great!! After dinner Jonathan told me that he had fondu set up at his house for us. When we pulled in the driveway he told me that he had a gift for me, but he had to get it together before I could walk in the house. I sat out in the truck for about 5 minutes and he finally flipped on the porch light, which was my cue that I could go inside. When I walked inside he had luggage for me and the luggage was full of towels (all of this stuff I had picked out). It was a great gift and the fondu looked WONDERFUL!
At this time, we also had a bulldog puppy. His name was Chubbs. He was (and still is) our life!! We were crate training him and kept him in the back bedroom. Jonathan went back to let Chubbs out and he came running down the hall with a red ribbon tied about his neck. When I looked closer, I could see that he had a ring! Jonathan then took the ring off chubbs and proposed to me. We were both crying..one of the best nights of my life!! The next day we had deteremined that we were getting married in the Cayman Islands on May 17th!












Our third year together, we celebrated the night before Valentines Day. This was our first Valentine's day since being married. We decided to eat at Steinhilbers again. It was delicous. If I remember correctly, we went to a movie afterwards.
This year, Jonathan and I have been together for 4 years! We went out the night before Valentine's Day to McCormick and Schmicks in Town Center. It was wonderful food..highly recommend going there. If you do go there, save room for the apple pie. It was the best pie that I have ever had!! Jonathan got salmon for dinner and I got crab cakes. afterward we went to see He's Just Not That Into You. Funny movie..it was a great night!!

I am so thankful for my husband. He is such an incredible man and he is the best husband anybody could ask for. He is so supportive of me and he is an awesome provider. I could not ask for anything more! The past 4 years have been wonderful!!

Tonight I am cooking him a special dinner. I will have another blog about our Valentines Day...happy valentines day to you all! :)

1 comment:

Laura and TJ said...

I like reading your love story Missie. It is so fun to see the journey you have gone on. :)