Monday, December 8, 2008

Race for Literacy Half Marathon

I decided that I wanted to try to run another half marathon before my full marathon in March.  Running has all of a sudden become so easy for me (not sure if it's the cooler weather or the paleo eating habits that I have adapted to).  The very first half marathon that I did was last April.  It was the Dismal Swamp Stomp in Chesapeake and I finished in 2hours 25 minutes and spent the afternoon throwing up.  The second half marathon I ran was this past August in Virginia Beach.  I finished in 2 hours and 21 minutes and still felt awful after I was finished running.  Third third half marathon that I ran was in Suffolk and it was called The Race for Literacy.  I am pleased and very excited to announce that I finished in 2 hours and 4 minutes!!!  I could not believe how much faster I had gotten.  The best part was that after I finished running I could talk normally and I was not really exhausted at all.  I also expected to be sore a day or two after the race, however I never got sore!  I was back at Body Pump the following Monday and back to running/training for the marathon on Tuesday.  It was a huge boost for me and makes me even more excited to tackle a full marathon!
Speaking of the Shamrock Marathon....it is only 3 months away!!  I have been training for a month now.  This past Sunday I ran my furthest distance (14 miles)  Next Sunday is 16 miles and then the following Sunday is 18 miles.  It seems almost impossible, but I am so determined!
Thank you so much for all the encouragement that many of you have given me.....it helps more than you know!

1 comment:

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

Congrats on this half miler! That's awesome how your time keeps getting better and better. Your running and how much easier it continues to get is an inspiration!:)