Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving

I am way behind on the blogs!!  I hate blogging with no pictures, however, I am always that person who has the camera at every event....I just never remember to take pictures!
Anyway, Jonathan and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family!  The night before Thanksgiving was spent with me cooking and getting the house cleaned for my family to come over for brunch on Thanksgiving morning.  Jonathan spent the night before Thanksgiving putting together the turkey fryer.  He was in charge of the turkey this year for his family's get together!
On Thanksgiving morning, I woke up at 5 am to do my morning run.  I had a race the following saturday, so I just did an easy 5 miles.  After I got home and showered, I began setting out and cooking all the food for the brunch.  The menu included chocolate covered strawberries, muffins, pancakes, bacon egg and cheese casserole, cinnamon rolls, and pilgrim hat cookies!  The food was delicious (special thanks to Laura for making the pancakes....I have no mastered that skill yet!!)  My parents, sister, aunt, uncle, and 3 cousins came over as well to celebrate with us.  It was a great time!!
After the brunch, I had to clean up real quick (again, thanks Laura!) and make some homemade macaroni and cheese for Jonathan's family lunch.  So, after stuffing my face that morning with breakfast, it was off to eat some more lunch!  We ate with Jonathan's family around 1:00.  Jonathan's turkey was AMAZING!!  I must admit I was a little nervous about him frying a turkey after we watched all of the you tube videos of turkey fryer fires!  He did a great job with it though, and he will be frying another turkey and a chicken for Christmas dinner!  The food at the Wetherington's was great and the fellowship was great as well!
Jonathan and I came home after a couple hours and took a short nap.  That night we went to the movies and saw Four Christmases (I highly recommend it by the way!)  Holidays are always so exhausting and they always seem to end so quick.  
We hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving........and a somewhat relaxing Black Friday! 

No comments: