Saturday, November 8, 2008

Savings!!

It might be too late for some of you guys, but in case you didn't know, Harris Teeter and Bloom are both having triple coupon savings this weekend. I have been clipping coupons for several months now and have really enjoyed seeing how much money we save! This past Thursday night at Harris Teeter, we saved $30 from coupons! Amazing!
We were also able to eat dinner last night at Max and Erma's for $12.00 due to a coupon and we saw a movie for $12.00 from using super saver coupons. It all adds up!! Not to mention I filled up my Rodeo this morning for $22!! I LOVE saving money! :)
Moving on....
Jonathan and I are both thrilled that there is no traveling required of us this weekend. It seems that every weekend for the past month or so, we have been driving up to DC/Charlottesville for UVA games and Redskins games. They games are awesome..it's the drive home that is always so long!! We finally have a break this weekend!
Laura and I are running in a race this upcoming weekend. I am running a 10 mile race and Laura is doing a 5K. The race is at Fort Story. I enjoy doing races with her..it's nice to have somebody else there. I have also registered for antoher half marathon the weekend after Thanksgiving. I am so excited to run another half marathon because I feel like my time is going to be a good 10 minutes faster than my last time. Since my last race, I have been eating Paleo. I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with it or not, but basically you are supposed to eat only lean meats. fruits and vegetables.....no grains. I stick to it during the week...weekends I slide a little bit. I decided to get on this Paleo diet because it is supposed to incease your athletic stamina. Boy does it work!! The first week that I started on the diet, it was miserable. I was having bad headaches (probably due to the sugar withdrawl). But during week two , my speed in my runs had picked up remarkably. I have never been able to run so fast. I have also dropped 5lbs, so that helps as well. The half marathon will be a good way to see how I have improved. I also begin officially training for the full marathon in one week. I still cannot grasp the idea that I will ever be able to run 26.2 miles..it will be interesting! :)
Now, a quick house update...We were supposed to start last week, but it rained non stop. So, hopefully the weather will cooperate better this week. I will have pictures once there is some action on the lot!

No comments: