Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rock and Roll Half Marathon




After 4 months of training, it is finally over! This morning was my second half marathon. I am pleased to announce that I finished almost 5 minutes under my first half marathon time and that I kept everything down after this race! yay!! I still felt terrible right after the race, but that feeling went away after about 10 minutes of sitting down. This race was not any easier than the last one and I still do not know how I am going to do a marathon. My marathon, which is 26.2 miles, is in March. I begin training for that next week. I have decided to take a week off. BTW, I was able to wear my Garmin watch for this race...at the conclusion of the race, I had burned 1400 calories. Not bad huh? :)
Running with Team Hoyt was AMAZING!! I enjoyed getting to meet Dick and Rick Hoyt and many of the team memebers. I very excited about running some local races here with Team Hoyt VB and pushing disabled children from St. Mary's Home for Disabled Children. I will keep you updated on the progress of that.
Thanks for much for those of you who were always asking how training was going, or those of you who supported financially by donating to the Hoyt Foundation!!

1 comment:

Brent and Liz said...

Wow.. I'm so impressed by your running! It's cool you're going to do a full marathon next year. Good luck training! Is the marathon in VA beach?