Sunday, August 3, 2008

Beach Appreciation

I was reminded this weekend just how lucky we are to leave so close to a beach! This morning I woke up at 5am to do my run (12 miles....which ended up being only 10 due to some blistering and shorts that I found out were too big!)
I was able to see the sunrise and several dolphins in the water. It was so beautiful!! I was so focused on the water during my whole run. I even saw a dolphin jump out of the water. I have never seen one do that in the wild. It was amazing!
I really enjoyed doing my long run on sunday mornings. Hopefully I can stick to that schedule for the next marathon. I was able to get the run out of the way first thing in the morning, still make it to church, and have the rest of the day to relax.
Back to the shorts issue....I bought some shorts on clearance at Tj Maxx. They were Nike shorts for only $10. I made the mistake of wearing them for the first time during a long run. Big mistake. A mile into my run they were sliding down my waist. I had to run the next 4 miles holding them up until I could get back to my car to get my hydration belt to help hold them up. I am also in the process of breaking in some new shoes, and my feet were blistering terribly this morning. It was a rough run, but I am able to do 10+ miles now with ease. I'm really looking forward to this race and finding out how much easier and enjoyable a race can be when you train properly :)

No comments: