Saturday, August 9, 2008

Marriage

Yesterday I asked a recently married woman, how she was enjoying married life. I was disappointed to hear the dullness in her voice as she said "it's okay...." I couldn't believe it.
I'm pretty sure when people ask me that question my face lights up. I cannot express to everyone enough how much I LOVE being married! I just wanted to take this time to express how much I love my husband and how much I love our life.
There was not a big adjustment period for us after marriage with the transition of moving in together. Everything has gone pretty smoothly. Even more recently with my change of my job/schedule I feel even better about our household as I am able to cook our own meals now and deep clean the house once a week on a regular basis. I have even gotten into clipping coupons every Sunday and we are saving a ton of money!!
I am lucky enough to have every Friday off from work. My fridays once a month are spent cooking about 20 meals. I freeze them for us to use for the whole month. It has made my life so much easier!
I am so thankful for my husband and I appreciate how hard he works to support and take care of me and our two bulldogs. I am thankful that we are in the position to have a brand new house in a couple of months. I am thankful for the similarities and the differences in Jonathan and my personalities as I think we compliment each other perfectly. I love my husband!! So next time you ask me how I am enjoying married life, be prepared to get a long happy answer along with a glowing smile! :)

1 comment:

Take Me Back to VA said...

It is frustrating sometimes to hear your peers have a less than exuberant response about there marriage. I mean when you think about certain friends of ours who are getting a divorce who are our age, its makes you sad. I am happy. I love my husband, he is my best friend. But I will admit, I have had days where I have been less than glowing when someone asks me how married life is. Usually its because I've forgotten to be thankful. So lets all just take a minute to be thankful, it would make us appreciate our spouses so much more!