Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day 2009




This Father's Day, Jonathan and I thought we would be settled into our new home. Well, we were wrong :) We're close, but not there yet! We had already scheduled a Father's Day cookout at the new house and we were going to go ahead with it, we would just have to improvise a bit! It ended up being a beautiful day, so we were able to pull the tables out on the back porch. It was PERFECT!! We had a menu including, pork ribs, hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, watermelon, corn on the cob, baked beans, and Jamie's Bakery cake and icream for dessert!

This was also originally the day that jonathan and I were going to announce to our families that we were pregnant. We ended up telling them 3 weeks ago. I had already ordered a cake from Jamies with "Baby Wetherington January 1, 2010" written on it. I was going to cancel the order after we told the families, but my mom called behind me and kept the order in. So we had the cake yesterday.

We had a great Father's Day with family. i appreciate my dad so much, and am thankful for all of the sacrifices that he has made for our family. I thank him for being at every softball game and also encouraging me to be my best!




No comments: