Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hallelujah Harvest


This past Friday night at our church was Hallelujah Harvest. This is a yearly event that our church has every year. They have horse rides, moon bounces, games, face painting, and trunk or treating! It's always so fun. I have volunteered to pass our candy at my trunk for the past 6 or 7 years. It is always so awesome to see the children dressed up in their costumes!

A lot of people decorate their trunks by theme. Jonathan and I have never really gone all out with the decorations (neither one of us are creative like that) but we had our football pumpkins out and we wore our Redskins gear. We even brough Einstein out with his Redskins bandana!

My sister in law Brittney decided to help us out at our trunk this year. She is an Eagle's fan, so to keep with the theme, she wore her Philadelphia Eagles jersey. She even brought her dog, Baxter, in an Eagles jersey as well!

The dogs were so well behaved and they were a huge hit with the kids...and their parents too!! Einstein was even caught shaking some of the children's hands :)

Some of you might be wondering why we did not bring Chubbs. Chubbs is scared of EVERYTHING!! When he gets scared, he gets defensive and mean. Therefore, we decided to leave him at home for the night. Before we left, Jonathan spent some one on one time with Chubbs and gave him a special bone to let him know we still love him! Well, when we got home, the bone was untouched.....Chubbs was mad at us!!!! We ended up putting Einstein to bed early and let Chubbs stay up with us. He was craving attention. Just like kids huh? :)

2 comments:

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

It was fun hanging out for a bit at the event...I was sad I didnt get a good shot of your and Britney because I had intended to include you guys with the pups on my blog entry too...sadly no good angle when I took the picture:( At least you guys got a good one! Maybe I'll borrow it and add it to my entry. I meant to introduce myself to your hubby but didnt get a chance to...hopefully next time:)

dandsratz said...

Hey Missy!! Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog! I'm sorry we didn't get to visit @ the Jackson's the other night--wasn't it so fun!! I think we've met at church a few times....I love your blog--especially the one about marriage further down. I for one will tell you marriage is AWESOME...full of joy!! And although there are moments that can be tough, it makes the relationship even stronger and even better!! I LOVE your children--we had two "children" with four legs before our "current children", too! :) And I'm sure you'll have that baby boy & baby girl with a boy soon, too! :) Its all fun, great and truly the Lord blesses us all! :) See you at church on Sunday! :)